Meet Lou Ellyn
“Lou Ellyn is a phenomenal guide. She is wide open to my story and helps me see my experiences through a broader lens. After I spend time with her I feel lighter and more equipped to move forward on my spiritual journey.” –Ruth J.
“Help to Find Your Voice” is my business and my passion. I grew up with family alcoholism so it wasn’t safe to speak up. I focused on what others wanted and needed but didn’t know what I wanted and needed. Finding my voice and expressing it in the world is one of the most deeply-satisfying journeys I could have envisioned.
People often freeze up when they need to use their voice. For example, setting boundaries with another person without losing the relationship. Or becoming more visible as a writer and taking it to the next step, telling your story in a job interview, a blog, a video or speaking from the podium. Having found my voice in these ways, I want to support others in finding theirs too.
I use powerful tools, ideas and exercises to walk my clients through the process of reclaiming their voice. Our workhorse is, also called Emotional Freedom Techniques or “tapping.” EFT is an amazing method that balances and restores your body’s natural energies. It calms the nervous system, dials down upsetting emotions, and rewires neural pathways so that negative thinking and feelings transform into relaxation and a sense of well-being.
In recent years, I’ve added other astonishing and wonderful tools to my toolkit: Matrix Reimprinting (another form of EFT), writing, coaching, picture tapping, and meditation.
• Raise Your Vibration Using EFT Tapping, monthly group, 2017-present.
• "Toward Healing the Relationship with Mom" an all day workshop. 2019
• Clearing Negative Beliefs About Aging, presentation, 2016.
• Intro to EFT, workshop for therapists, 2013.
• Come Joyfully Home to Yourself, women's weekend retreat, 2013.
• Intro to EFT Tapping, presentation, 2013.
• Oh No! I'm Seeing My Family for the Holidays! Presentation, 2017.
• Stress-less Holidays, presentation, 2013.
"I didn't know about ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) and although I'm sure some people did, I found that to be very interesting and how tapping can have a positive impact on shifting the effects of trauma and stress." -- Lilly (Participant at "Oh No, I’m Seeing my Family over the Holidays!" – Lilly
"It was fun to learn about the science and history of tapping and talk about some of society’s "norms" when it comes to feelings. Lou Ellyn provided a fun interactive learning environment and welcomed questions. The group dynamic was supportive and open while talking about experiences. We dived into the tapping to see for ourselves how easy it is to integrate this great medicine in our daily lives." -- KM (Participant at "Oh No, I’m Seeing my Family over the Holidays!")
• Warriors Wellness Project, ongoing EFT group, 2012.
• Participated as an EFT Coach in a national study assessing EFT effectiveness on veterans with combat-related trauma, 2012.
• Emotional Support for the Whole 30 Challenge, group, 2014.
• Weight Loss Using EFT, four-week class, 2013.
• Upcoming: Inherited Family Trauma Training Intensive, 2018.
• Picture Tapping Training, 2018.
• "Ambassador" Training for EFT and Matrix Reimprinting, 2017.
• EFT Level 3, 2017.
• Matrix Reimprinting with EFT, 2016.
• Matrix Reimprinting for Specific Issues, 2016.
• Resolving Emotional Trauma and PTSD with EFT, 2016.
• EFT Level 1 and 2 (assisted with classes), 2012, 2014, and 2016.
• Resolving Emotional Trauma and PTSD with EFT, 2015.
• Financial Success and Personal Fulfillment with EFT, 2014.
• Crucial Conversations, 2013.
• Matrix Reimprinting Introduction, 2013.
• 40-hour Professional Mediation Training, 2012.
• EFT Level 2, 2011.
• EFT Level 1, 2 and 3, 2011.
• Candidate, Certificate of Completion, Picture Tapping Practitioner, 2018.
• Certificate of Completion, Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner, 2016.
• Certificate of Completion, EFT Intermediate Practitioner, 2012.
• Master's Degree, Environmental Studies, The Evergreen State College.
• Associates Degree, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Pierce College.
“It was very refreshing to have you be a person with a scientific and inquiring mind! Energy work carries some baggage from magical practitioners and you were able to bring the science around EFT, to our tapping/energy work! With your help, the shifts in my personal skills around self-regulation and acceptance were palpable and measurable. I don’t remember that being the case in other kinds of recovery work I have done. I came away with a treasure box full of ways to continue this work on my own.” –Penny Purkerson